Tuesday, July 6, 2010

DIY: Tea-stain Fabric

I have been on the hunt for new bedding for my apartment for a couple weeks now. Every time I come close to buying something, I always talk myself out of it because I'm not completely in love with it. So today my Mom and I went to Pottery Barn and picked up a (really) white linen duvet cover, with the idea that I was going to "tea-stain" it myself. When I got home I googled "how to tea-stain linen fabric" and got right to work. I boiled about 40 cups of water in a huge pot, let 7 black tea bags stoop for 15 minutes, poured it all into my bathtub, and let the duvet soak for an hour. It turned out beautifully! I can't wait to set up my new room, its going to be so presh! Here are some photos I took during the process :)


Miss Kitty loved watching, she is such a great help!

Heres the finished product! I have cream walls in my bedroom so I had to hang it over my computer chair so you could see the color better! You likey?

4 comments: